Key Health Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is one of the furthermost popular nutrients. It not only makes our foods great-tasting but it is also essential for our body health.
- This vitamin boosts our immune system and helps repair wounds faster. In addition to this, it protects our body against viruses, infections, and bacteria.
- Vit C fights naturally against free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules present in our surroundings that can cause damage to our body, skin, and hair, and cause illnesses like cancer and stroke.
- A daily intake of Vitamin C reduces chances of the common cold in people who are under high physical stress, such as marathon runners, skiers, and soldiers.
- Vit C is also known for its cancer prevention properties. It keeps cells from DNA damage and prevents the development of cancer.
- Vitamin C is good for producing collagen, a protein needed for our bones, tissues, and skin. Collagen prevents our skin from getting lifeless or dry.
- Due to its many skin benefits, Vitamin C is also used in skin care products. Antioxidants found in this nutrient protects our skin against the effects of sun exposure.
- This vitamin is vital for the suitable functioning of our pupils. There is some evidence this helps prevent cataracts.
- Not getting enough Vit C may lead to the development of cardiovascular diseases.
According to a study, eating foods rich in this vitamin lowers the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. These foods include orange, strawberry, papaya, pepper, and broccoli. Another study confirms that eating citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit may be linked to reduced risk of ischemic stroke.
It is also valuable to know that bell peppers, broccoli, and papaya are higher in Vitamin C content than many citrus fruits. Experts recommend the best way to increase your Vitamin C intake is to eat raw fruits and vegetables. Foods rich in Vitamin C when cooked or stored for a long period may lose their nutritional value.
Do you enjoy foods rich in Vitamin C?
Do you enjoy foods rich in this vitamin? How often do you add them to your daily meal planning?
We would love to know your thoughts! Please leave your comments below!
And, don’t forget to share the info on your favorite social media platform!
Recommended Reading: Key Health Benefits of Onions
More Recommended Reading: Ten Necessary Tips For Meal Planning Success
Save Me On Pinterest:
Organized Living For Busy Moms is created to offer ideas to busy moms. The primary goal is to live organized, remain in balance, & take time to enjoy life! Being organized in every part of life brings more peace, enjoyment, and allows us to “breath” more easily. Check out my other busy mom blogs for blogging, crafts, scrapbooking, life’s journey, and more!