Key Health Benefits of Spinach
Do you wonder about the health benefits of spinach?
Popeye was probably right! The green stuff that we call “spinach” does hold a lot of health benefits. And there’s no reason why you shouldn’t give this leafy green vegetable a spot in your diet.
Here are some of the key health benefits of Spinach:
1. Spinach contains Tyrosine is said to enhance intellectual capabilities. Research proves that foods that are rich in amino acid tyrosine, spinach, and eggs, for instance, give you faster reflexes.
2. Spinach extract contains thylakoids which reduce food cravings and assist in losing weight. Research finds that thylakoids reduce the drive to eat for pleasure and boosts weight loss chances by 43%.
3. The carotenoids found in Spinach are good for sight and provide protection against various eye diseases.
4. Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin K, calcium, and magnesium. All these nutrients strengthen our bones and keep them healthy.
5. The omega-3 fatty acids found in Spinach protects against heart diseases and reduces the risk of cancer.
6. Spinach remains fresh even when it is exposed to lighting in the superstores. Research has confirmed that fluorescent lighting in grocery stores increases the nutritional value of fresh spinach.
7. Eating spinach along with other fruits and vegetables makes your skin healthy and glowing. Lutein is an antioxidant found in spinach which helps promote healthy skin.
8. Packed with antioxidants, Spinach and Kale are perfect immune-boosting foods. The antioxidants help produce more white blood cells and strengthen the immune system.
9. Spinach leaves are low in sodium and contain powerful nutrients which not only lower but also maintain blood pressure.
More Recommended Reading:
How do you use spinach in your daily meals?
Do you enjoy adding Spinach to your diet? How do you like it – fresh, or prepared?
Do you add fresh spinach to your sandwiches? Do you like to saute spinach leaves in addition to recipes?
We would love to hear from you! Please leave us your thoughts below!
Save Me on Pinterest:
Organized Living For Busy Moms is created to offer ideas to busy moms. The primary goal is to live organized, remain in balance, & take time to enjoy life! Being organized in every part of life brings more peace, enjoyment, and allows us to “breath” more easily. Check out my other busy mom blogs for blogging, crafts, scrapbooking, life’s journey, and more!