Benefits of Walking for Exercise
Are you getting the benefits of walking for exercise?
Walking is inexpensive and the easiest form of exercise. It is equally beneficial for our physical and mental health.
Here are some of the awesome reimbursements of walking:
• Walking to work can prevent the risk of being overweight. A UK study suggests that walking or cycling to your workplace reduces obesity risk, compared to driving. This also holds true for using public modes of transport for your daily commute.
• Studies have proven that taking a walk (particularly walking in the woods) helps reduce stress levels and strengthens the immune system. A Japanese finding shows that walking in the woods or nature may also help fight cancer.
• Walking in nature within group settings helps fight stress, reduce depression, and improve mental health.
• A study focusing on African American women finds that physical activity, including but not limited to brisk walking, helps reduce the risk of breast cancer.
• Apart from health benefits, walking has psychological benefits too. A research published by American Psychological Association claims that taking a walk boosts creativity and leads to resourceful thinking.
• One study finds that living in areas that are conducive to walking reduces the risk of obesity and diabetes. In fact, research claims that people who live in the most walkable areas are more likely to either walk or cycle and less likely to drive.
Walking Increases Enjoyment
With the proper mindset, walking increases enjoyment. By being fit and living healthy, enjoyment increases in all areas of life.
Remember, not to look at exercise in the wrong mindset. Oftentimes, we get in the mode of seeing it as “a drudgery.” This totally negates gaining the full benefit of walking.
Do you know other benefits of walking? Would you like to share with the Organized Living For Busy Moms community?
Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts and opinions! Let us know if you walk on a regular basis. And, share how it has improved your life!
Save Me On Pinterest:
Organized Living For Busy Moms is created to offer ideas to busy moms. The primary goal is to live organized, remain in balance, & take time to enjoy life! Being organized in every part of life brings more peace, enjoyment, and allows us to “breath” more easily. Check out my other busy mom blogs for blogging, crafts, scrapbooking, life’s journey, and more!